INTERIOR TREND | Great Alternatives to Flat Paint Wall

Hey there guys. So my husband and I are in the middle of decorating our house now and I would like to share with you today what I would love to do with the walls around our house. Because lets face it, flat paint wall is just so boring. I found out that we could totally cover our white wall with something pretty and super affordable. We could easily buy some wallpaper to cover them and call it a day but let's be real, the ones that I want is waaaaay out of our budget.

Instead of going the traditional way of painting them flat, I want something bolder and the one that can mimic a wallpaper. I scoured around the internet for some inspiration and I would love to share them with you guys the ones that caught my attention. At this point we have two options; one is to paint them and the other is using wall decals. There are actually a million ways to paint your wall, the only limit is your own creativity.

How gorgeous is this gold elephant wall decals? Perfect for the living room or nursery. And I love the grey wall, looks so good with the gold. Makes for a subtle but oh so pretty combination. And the best part, it is so affordable compared to wallpaper. It comes with an array of beautiful colors and it is so so easy to apply.
This is on my top list of wants and needs!


Okay, how about this one? Love love love! The color, the pattern, the layout, everything. So inspiring and perfect when you want to start introducing color to your house. I could definitely see this in my dining room.

This is pastel perfection you guys. Hands down my most favorite so far. I love the color combination so much. If you have a Scandinavian style kind of home (which is my dream home), I suggest you buy some paint and start painting your wall like this. Like right now. Unfortunately I don't but I think I can do this in other colors as well.

Half painted wall trends have been around for quite some time now and I am slowly warming up to this idea. This is for you guys who want to inject some color into your home but still want to have an airy feeling that white wall can give.This kind of look is also amazing because it really adds some interest and dimension to your wall without looking too generic compared to a flat painted wall. I really adore this whole look especially the choice of color. This would look gorgeous on my master bedroom or even a bathroom.  

Another great way to introduce pattern to your home without buying a wallpaper is by stenciling it. There are many patterns you can make and the possibilities are endless. I am definitely going for a more modern and chic look as shown in the photo above (major love!) . I think this option is doable depending on what kind of pattern you choose to have. If I ever want to have a go into making my own stencil wall, I would choose a big and bold pattern just because it is easier and because I have a patience and attention span of a 10 year old.

So there you have it! I've already summed up my favorite walls and I'd like to say it is so hard to choose! I wish I could have them all but that would make my house more like a museum rather than an actual home. So I'm going to take my time and choose the best method for my house and I'll let you know later when I reveal my house makeover. Stay tune guys!

p/s: Do you have any favorite walls in your house that you would like to share? I'd love to see in the comment below! 


Post a Comment