M Boutique Hotel Ipoh Review / a short getaway

This post is long due, people. Like most of my post, actually. But this is a necessary one. I wanted to share with you guys my short getaway to Ipoh recently. My husband and I have been planning to travel for like, ever. Then the pregnancy comes and then the baby. I have not travel for quite a while actually but that's okay because I was not in a travelling mode anyway due to my morning sickness. 

But then my daughter grows up (8 months to be exact) and the urge to travel comes rushing like the wind on a summer's day. So I propose the idea to le hubby and he said yes, let's do this! (or not. but he said something along that line). And I've been researching places to travel in Malaysia like crazy (literally) because I'm THAT excited, people. I wanted the getaway to be short and sweet. That means no long rides in the car and no overcrowded places. You too, will need to consider this when travelling with a baby.

So long story short, and after some (ehem) extensive research on my part, mostly coz I've got nothing better to do, we both decided to go to Ipoh for our short weekend getaway. And I found out about the M Boutique Hotel from Facebook, I guess. And I remember looking at the photos of the hotel interior and it was love at first sight. So when we wanted to choose a place to stay in Ipoh, it was a no-brainer. I went to the M Boutique Hotel website to make the booking. You will need to give your credit card number to be able to book but the payment has to be made at the hotel before checking in. TIP: If you plan on staying here for the weekend, book early as the hotel's room usually sold out during this time. 

We planned to start our journey early in the morning but failed (we have a baby, remember?). We arrive safely in Ipoh at about 3 PM, just in time for check in. We struggle a bit to find the hotel due to the absence of Waze, but we still manage to find it in the end. So first impression : the hotel building is so unique and it stands out from the rest of the old buildings you would mostly find in Ipoh. The surrounding of the hotel is quite nice but it can get noisy at night as there are karaoke place just opposite of the hotel.

Guys, this is a funny story I'm about to tell you. (please don't laugh but I know if you're normal, you would.) We were just so excited to get into the hotel and we were searching for the door but there was none to be found! It turns out that the door is this big glass situated not in the center of the building, but on the side! So yeah good luck finding it. We were basically being saved from humiliation because there was another family wanting to check in and they opened the door so that's how we found out about it. I would never thought that finding a door to a hotel would be this hard, people. (maybe it's just me). 

As soon as we get in, I was mesmerized by the overall interior of the lobby which is so welcoming and amazing. There are big orb wooden chandeliers hanging above us and the seating place is very nice as well. And guys, the room is so cozy and perfect. It was not big but it can accommodate my little family comfortably. Enough with the ramblings, let's see some evidence of my stay at the hotel, shall we? 

At the hotel lobby. Check out the chandelier, guys! (p/s: can you spot the door now?)




The room verdict: 
I was a bit skeptical truthfully when I first booked the hotel because I was so afraid that it will not be like the one pictured in their website but man, was I wrong!  The moment I entered the room I was so pleased and happy with it. The interior was so spot on and nicely done. I fell in love with the British concept interior of the room so much I wish its my bedroom. The British style was so prominent and you can see it in every inch of the room. There's even a nice big comfy leather sofa in front of the bed.

Our room was not that big but it was perfect. I love,love,love the industrial style brick wall that covered the wall. I thought it was so amazing. The bed was crazy comfortable and the sheet was super soft. The one thing that I do happen to love is their bed sheet and comforter. It was the softest thing I ever slept on. My daughter liked it so much she fell asleep right after we put her on the bed! There was also a nice shelf and table that were thoughtfully decorated with British elements and colors. And guys, the bathroom is so clean you can literally sleep in it. There's no bath tub though, but I'm totally fine with it because I won't be using it anyway.

Here are some pictures I took of our room. I guess the room looks different depending on the type of room and that's what I like about it.






The room package also came with a complimentary breakfast and you can choose to dine at their own restaurant located inside the hotel itself or Oldtown which is just outside the hotel. We chose to have our breakfast at Oldtown and the place is just amazing. Again, all the interior are so beautiful complimenting the hotel itself. So many great details in a not-so-large place.

Again, check out those chandelier. Super pretty! 

Le hubs with Sofia

Overall I would give this hotel a perfect 10 because there was nothing bad can be said about the hotel during my stay here. And oh, the room service is very fast too. So all in all I highly recommend this hotel for those of you who needs a place to stay in Ipoh. Till next time people, take care! 





Post a Comment